We have just published new updates to our Scout Activity tracker. We have simplified the process of creating new activities and modifying existing ones.
We have also made it easier to track who attended these events. You will notice that when you click the Modify button, you are not redirected to another page:
Give it a try and let us know how we can make it even better.
We have redesigned how our Scout Activty Module works. Troops use this feature to track all of the different activities that they are involved in. Many Troops use it as a Calendar by entering in all of their activities. Some of the specific activities you can track are:
- Service Projects
How many times have you asked, “Does Billy have enough service hours?” or Does Billy have enough camping nights? Stop asking and start tracking. If you track these types of activities on our system, the Individual Reports will show you the total number of nights, miles and hours for these activity types for each scout.
Another feature we just finished allows you to record adults as attendees to all of these events. Before you could only select Scouts as attendees.
We have also included a new report that shows all events based on a date range. You can use this report to show upcoming events and use it like a Calendar.
We appreciate everyone’s feedback thus far. Look for more improvements to come over the next few days.
As questions arise about the use of our site, we will post both the question and the answer here.
The following questions were asked:
- How do I add start and ending times into the activities?
- How do I change an activity type? I would like to edit the activity type to add words such as cycling or merit badge.
Answer from eTrail:
- Right now you cannot enter start and stop times. However, in about two weeks, we are updating how we track activities. We are integrating a calendar function with this. You will then be able to add start and stop times. Using the calendar makes it a lot easier to work with all of the activities.
- To change the activity type
- Click on Activities from the main menu
- Click on the Activity Summary tab
- Locate the activity you want to modify and click the edit button
- Now you can modify the Activity details.